The historic Dixie Valley Ranch is one of the finest combination cattle and recreational ranches in California. It supports cattle year round on 120,000 acres (17,075 deeded and 30,000 BLM lease and 73,000 USFS lease). The headquarters ranch is located in Northeastern California in Lassen County and has 11,973 acres deeded with 103,000 acres of leased land out the back gate. The winter ranch consists of 5101 deeded acres west of Red Bluff, CA.
- WATER -The beauty of this ranch is its water. The owners have determined that 9,280 acres of the main portion of the Headquarters Ranch to be riparian to Indian Creek, Horse Creek, Davis Creek, and their various tributaries. The headquarters ranch has pre-1914 appropriative water rights for 63.876 acre feet per year. It also has post-1914 appropriative water rights for 5,250 acre feet in Coyote Reservoir and for the irrigation of 3,280 acres.
- MORE WATER - The Headquarters ranch has 22 stock pond certificates, a artesian spring that produces 800GPM that has a hydroelectric system as well as irrigating a field. There is another reservoir that stores 49.9 acre feet and irrigates 1,100 acres. (A very detailed water document is available upon request.)
- SIZE - The Headquarter ranch consists of 54 parcels for a total of 11,973.98 +/- acres. 52 of the parcels are zoned UC-2 which stands for Upland Conservation and 2 of the parcels are zoned TPZ which stands for Timber Preserve.The Winters Ranch consists of 12 parcels for a total of 5101.60 acres. The property is zoned UA-AP and is in the Williamson act.
- LOCATION - The Headquarters ranch is in the Dixie Valley area about 8 miles from the town of Little Valley and 26 miles from the town of McArthur. Fall River Mills is the closest real town at 30 miles. Fall River Mills is famous for world class fly fishing and has a nice 18 hole golf course. The Winter ranch is 21 miles from Red Bluff, CA. Red Bluff is known for its annual Bull and Gelding sale. The two ranches are 150 miles apart.
- STRUCTURES - The owner's home is located at the Headquarters ranch and was built in 1994 and is approx. 3000 sq ft with 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths log cabin home.2400 sq ft Ranch manager home, two cowboy homes, historic old ranch house, barns, shopsand too many outbuildings to list. The Winter ranch has a barn and a tear down old ranch house.
- HQ CATTLE - The Headquarters used to run 1500 pair year round. The ranch irrigates 800 acres and used to grow and cuts about 3500 tons of hay. The ranch has additional 3000 acres of irrigated and sub irrigated meadows.Owner used to grow their own feed to nourish the cows during the winter time. The ranch manager estimated that they used to feed 25lbs per cow for 120 days. The ranch has 3 feedlots that can handle 1700 cows.
- WINTER CATTLE -The Winter ranch in Red Bluff usually handles about 300 cows from December to May. It has six fields and is watered from stock ponds and the south fork of Cottonwood Creek and the north fork of Red Bank Creek. They have minimal facilities, old corral, and a tear down homestead.
- HUNTING - Headquarters ranch is located inBoone and Crockett Mule deer country. The ranch comes with two landowner tags in the X3A zone.Rocky Mountain Elk, Pronghorn antelope, coyotes, bobcats, quail, sage grouse and chukar frequent the ranch. The Winter Ranch has great deer, bear, wild pig, turkey, quail, coyote, bobcat and dove hunting. It comes with two land owner tags in the B zone.
- FISHING - The Headquarters ranchissurrounded by nice reservoirs on and off the ranch for trout. Fall River Mills is only 30 miles from the ranch and has world class fly fishing. If that's not enough, Eagle Lakeis only 29 miles from the propertyand famous for its special species of trout.The Winter ranch has bass in some of its ponds, but the real gem is 21 miles away at the Sacramento River. Sacramento River is one of the best fishing rivers in the United States.
- DUCK HUNTING - For the water fowler, the Headquarterranch has itsown waterfowl staging area with ducks and geese enjoying the ponds, fields and meadows. Just north of the ranch are Tule Lake and Lower Klamath refuges which hold superior numbers of Western waterfowl starting in September, and come October, this little basin is a duck and goose hunter's paradise.
- GOLF - The Headquarter ranch has several golf courses within 60 miles and the Winter Ranchhas even more golf courses within 60 miles.
- AIRPORT - The Headquarters ranch has a nice new 5000 ft paved runway at Fall River Mills and the Winter Ranch has 5700 ft paved runway in Red Bluff. For commercial flights, both ranches are served by Redding, CA. HQ is 100 miles and Winter is 61 miles.
663-150 Dixie Ranch Road
- The Headquarters ranch is located in Lassen County and is 8 miles from the town of Little Valley, CA and 30 miles from Fall River Mills, CA.
- The Winter Ranch is located in Tehama County and is 21 miles west of Red Bluff, CA.
- The two ranches are 150 miles apart.
(Call Agent for Details)